Nosy Tag Questions
Tagged by syntheticfail
- First anime/cartoon that really captured you?
Probably Wacky Races is the one I remember the most. Loved mutley and HATED Penelope Pitstop and Peter Perfect, which set in motion my dislike of whiny stupid blonds (yes, I’m looking at you Luke Skywalker!). I apparently used to yell at the TV to “save yourself” when every week Penelope Pitstop got tied to the tracks once again. She just never learned.
- What’s the one book that you’d recommend to anyone, even it wasn’t a genre you’d think they’d read in?
Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman - ‘nuff said!
- Have you ever been in a situation where you were afraid? (Simple yes if you don’t want to talk about it)
Yes. I was bullied by a parent of an athlete I used to coach. So much so that it turned me bulimic from the stress, which I hid and when my family had to drop something off at the gym and I knew the parent was inside I stayed in the car and I sank between the front seat and the back seat in the little area for your feet. Curled up in there and was shaking so much and just wanted to get out of there as fast as we could in case that parent saw me. My rational mind knew this was unlikely but I was scared of what they might do to me.
- Is there anything you and your parents/family can geek about together?
Does footy count? My family (apart from the middle sister) is pretty fanatical about our team.
- Do you remember the first CD you ever bought or was gifted? What was it it?
Pfft what’s a cd? My first vinyl was either Patsy Biscoe or Bert and Ernie album. I do know that I used to get annoyed as a four year old if I wasn’t given an ABBA album (and yes, I got one!)
- What would your department/position be on the starship Enterprise?
Captain’s Yeoman. I am a redshirt and proud of it.
- What fandom that you’re currently in do you wish me to be a part of, or if already in want me to be more active so we can fangirl together?
Hee, we fangirl a lot already and you do listen to my football rants with grace.
- First celebrity crush?
Papa Pine in CHiPs, but I didn’t realise it was because his character was very like my father. I was fond of anyone who was a Fireman too. but as a teenager the choice was Pal in A-ha (more cause my friends picked the other guys first and told me I could ‘have’ Pal) and Iva Davies from Icehouse with the very impressive mullet!
- Regardless of freetime or money, where in the world would you love to travel to right now?
To see my friends. So it would be a round trip of LA, San Francisco, Vancouver Island, the Uk and then back to Australia via Melbourne before Adelaide I think.
- Favorite fic of mine? ;D
let’s go with ‘Welcome to Steamfleet’, ‘cause it mixes your two loves of steam punk with star trek and we both know we are both suckers for a certain doctor in certain period style clothing! Plus it’s just fun to read.
Okay I’m supposed to come up with ten questions now, so hmmm
1. What circus ‘trick’ would you love to be able to do, or can you already do one?
2. What would be your song of choice at a Karaoke night?
3. Do you have any scars? (you don’t have to expand on this if you don’t want and just to get it out there I have three ‘obvious-ish’ ones, two of them on my face)
4. Have you ever been on tv?
5. Do you have a favourite Castle and where is it? (This can be fictional or real).
6. Which character do you wish you were like, or is there one you already are very like?
7. If the Doctor could take you in the TARDIS to any place and time, where would that be?
8. What is the tv advert you remember the most from childhood?
9. Sea or Snow? (As a preferred holiday option)
10. Favourite Australian animal?
tagging: champagneislife, trvllngjwllr, piginawig, sullacat, thegreattribblehunt and roryslittlegirl and anyone else who feels like answering. :)